November 30, 2017
Dear Members and Community,
Thank you for your patience and compassion throughout this difficult process. You are the heart of APANO, we recognize the confusion and concern many of you have expressed, and honor the trust you place in us. Since our last message, board and staff have been listening and working together to identify next steps of action.
As part of our commitment to take seriously all concerns brought to us and seek concrete ways to move forwards, we have reached out to Elisa J. Dozono, a Partner at Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP. She has agreed to serve as an independent community liaison to directly hear concerns through December 31, 2017. This will be a special measure in addition to our standard procedures for receiving concerns. Her role as a community liaison will include:
- Reviewing APANO personnel policies and HR materials and processes
- Reaching out to persons who have expressed concerns
- Receiving concerns from any parties
- Conducting follow-up investigation of any claims, at her discretion
- Providing an impartial assessment report to be shared with the APANO and APANO Communities United Fund Board
We will report back to you and detail our steps for resolving these concerns.
We encourage anyone with concerns to contact Elisa directly at 503.205.2450 or [email protected]
Throughout this period, we are grateful for the care, honesty and grace you have afforded us to navigate this process. We continue to invite your input on how you hope APANO responds and grows from this and we can be reached directly at [email protected].
Raahi Reddy Simon Tam
APANO Board Chair APANO Communities United Fund Board Chair