Civic Engagement is central to APANO’s mission of ensuring that Asian and Pacific Islanders are fully engaged in the political process, and have opportunities to vote in elections. In order to inform and educate our members about the May 19th special election, we have reached out to candidates who are primarily running for seats on local school boards and institutions of higher education. We will be posting candidate responses (from only those who have responded) on a daily basis.
Candidates have been asked the following questions to engage more directly with constituents, and for voters to be more familiar with their vision and policies. We are giving equal opportunity to all major candidates in the race.
For a complete list of races we will be highlighting:
(5/5) Portland Public School Board- Zones 1 and 2
(5/6) Portland Public School Board- Zone 3 and Zone 7
(5/7) Beaverton School District- Zone 6
(5/8 ) Beaverton School District- Zone 3 and Zone 7
(5/10) Portland Community College- Zone 3
(5/11) Eugene School District
(5/12) Hillsboro School District
- Ballots will be mailed April 29 to May 5.
- Voting deadline- Ballots must be received at your county elections office by 8 p.m. May 19, either by mail or at a drop box.
Find a drop box:
- Multnomah County: Find a complete list here.
- Washington County: Find a complete list here.
- Clackamas County: Elections Division, 1710 Red Soils Court, Suite 100, Oregon City; and at many libraries and city halls.
- Statewide: Secretary of State’s Office statewide locating tool here.
Join our Election Night Watch Party to see the results! Click here to RSVP.
For information on how to get involved in Civic Engagement opportunities, please email Kathy Wai, Policy Advocacy Coordinator, email@example.com