Posting Date: 1.18. 2024
Position Title: Communications Coordinator (limited duration)
Reports to: Communications Manager
Duration: Limited, through May of 2024
Hours: Up to 25 hours/week
Compensation: $21.38 - $24.06/hr depending on experience
Timeline: Consideration of candidates begins two weeks from posting date and will continue until the position is filled.
About APANO CUF:
At APANO CUF (APANO), we envision a just world where Asians, Pacific Islanders and the communities who share our aspirations and struggles have the power, resources and voice to determine our own futures.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we work to unite Asians and Pacific Islanders to build power, develop leaders and advance equity. We do that through education, advocacy, community development and cultural work to drive political, social, economic and cultural change in partnership with sibling organization APANO Action Fund (AF), a 501(c)(4) nonprofit.
Social Media (70%)
- Process incoming requests for social media posts via Asana
- Manage the day-to-day posting, monitoring, and engagement on all APANO social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter/X), weaving in organizational and coalition work and national/state news as necessary
- Work cross-departmentally to maintain a monthly editorial calendar for social media platforms that fits within the overall digital strategy, campaigns, projects, events, etc.
- Work with the Communications Manager to craft social media strategy
- Field incoming messages in social media inboxes
- Create and manage strategic ad campaigns on Facebook and Instagram
- Build relationships, interact and create affinity with local partner orgs on social media
General Communications Support (30%)
- Support communications team in implementing communications plans, strategies and systems
- Help Communications Team develop content for APANO’s annual editorial calendar and implement production of content (e-blasts, blogs, multimedia content, social media, news media pieces, etc.)
- Play a critical role in establishing and maintaining a consistent voice for all stakeholders throughout the organization and on our external communications outlets.
- Work collaboratively with Communications Team to build messaging
- Work with staff, external members and other departments to record, write and edit stories to support organizational and/or programming work, and assist with educating staff on content creation as needed
- Assist in creating or coordinating design of graphics
- Assist in emergency and rapid response during communications crises
The ideal candidate will have:
- A commitment to racial justice, online advocacy and digital strategic communications
- Extensive knowledge of Asian and Pacific Islander communities and issues
- A strong interest in following national, state and city news
- Excellent writing and editing skills with an understanding of AP style
- Familiarity and comfort with CMS and CRM services, like Sprout Social, EveryAction and Webflow
- The ability to write engaging content for social media platforms
- An understanding of the importance of analytics when making data-driven decisions
- Experience with Facebook ads
- A serious attention to detail and adherence to deadlines and be highly organized
- The ability to adjust quickly, to learn on the fly and to write in a variety of formats
- A strong sense of self direction while also being an excellent team player
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and this position will be open until filled. Priority will be given to applicants who submit their application by 2/6/2024. Applications should be emailed as a single attached document (PDF preferred) to email@example.com with the subject line, “Communications Coordinator.”
Complete applications include:
- Cover letter (1-page max) clearly outlining your interest in APANO AF, this position, and the specific skills and knowledge that you would bring to the job
- A resume (2-page max) with relevant experience, work history, education and accomplishments
- If advanced to finalist stage, you will be asked to submit 3 references with contact information and your relationship to them
APANO Action Fund and APANO Communities United Fund are actively seeking to increase representation and develop the leadership of women, LGBTQ+ people, people with lived experience of economic injustices and other underrepresented groups, including diverse AAPI communities both within the organization and the broader racial justice movement in Oregon and AAPI communities. APANO AF and APANO CUF are equal opportunity employers. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other legally protected classification.