Position Title: Community Coordinator
Reports To: Community Engagement Manager
Employee Classification: [Hourly]
Hours/Duration of employment: Limited Duration - until December 2024 with opportunity to extend, 20 hours/week (0.5FTE)
Compensation: $19.81-$22.30/hour depending on experience
Benefits: Eligible for sick leave
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
About APANO Communities United Fund (CUF):
At APANO CUF (APANO), we envision a just world where Asians, Pacific Islanders and the communities who share our aspirations and struggles have the power, resources and voice to determine our own futures.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we work to unite Asians and Pacific Islanders to build power, develop leaders and advance equity. We do that through education, advocacy, community development and cultural work to drive political, social, economic and cultural change in partnership with sibling organization APANO Action Fund (AF), a 501(c)(4) nonprofit.
Learn more about APANO at www.apano.org.
About the Position:
APANO CUF is looking for a culturally responsive Community Coordinator to support existing programs. This position will focus on community outreach, program support and data organizing. This individual will join a growing, seasoned team of member-leaders and staff working to win concrete change in the lives of Asian and Pacific Islanders in Oregon and the larger world.
Our ideal candidate is results-oriented, responsive and responsible, self-aware, dynamic and a passionate individual who values and practices direct communication with their colleagues and team.The successful candidate will have a range of opportunities to develop skills, knowledge, and confidence in working for social justice. The Community Coordinator reports to the Community Engagement Manager.
Community outreach and engagement (50%)
- Assist in outreach and engagement with community members and stakeholders for various projects
- Assist in recruiting and managing volunteers for events, projects and focus groups
- Assist in planning and implementing community events
Communications support (30%)
- Collaborate with team and APANO CUF Communications team to develop online presence
- Support in managing social media handles, including content development and editing, blog publishing and general upkeep
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Data collection and reporting (20%)
- Collection and input data/information
The Community Coordinator will have:
- Experience using Google suite of products or similarly excel, word, email, etc.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of the position
- Basic skills in creating visually appealing graphics for social media
- Excellent team player who is also capable of self direction.
- Deep commitment to and vision for APANO’s mission and strategic plan, including an understanding of the role of grassroots community organizing in social change and movement building.
- Respect for and demonstrated experience working with Asian and Pacific Islander activists, and a deep understanding of issues affecting Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
- Ability to travel to different locations for events or work functions
- Be able to work on evenings and/or weekends as needed
- Ability to pass a background check
Preferred, but not required:
- Chinese or Vietnamese language proficiency
- Current driver's license and auto insurance
- Associate's degree or combination of education and experience
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and this position will be open until filled. Priority will be given to applicants who submit their application by February 15.
Applications should be emailed as an attached document (PDF preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Coordinator” in the subject line.
Complete applications include:
- Cover letter (1 page max) clearly outlining the specific skills, knowledge, and experience you bring to the job and how those are a good fit with the responsibilities of the position.
- A complete resume (2 pages max) detailing relevant experience, work history, education and accomplishments.
- [If advanced to finalist stage] 3 references, with contact information, and your relationship to the reference.
APANO Communities United Fund and APANO Action Fund are actively seeking to increase representation and develop the leadership of women, LGBTQ+ people, people with lived experience of economic injustices, and other underrepresented groups, including diverse API communities, both within the organization and the broader racial justice movement in Oregon and API communities. APANO Communities United Fund and APANO Action Fund are equal opportunity employers. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other legally protected classification.