APANO’s Small Business Support and Advising Program
APANO’s Small Business Support and Advising Program offers support and access to resources for businesses in Portland’s and Washington County’s API Business Community and all businesses in Jade District and Old Town. If your business is in need of assistance to navigate COVID-19 resources or if you are interested in receiving technical advice for your business, referrals to resources, or general assistance, please contact our Business Advisor, Grace Henricks at [email protected].
For COVID-19 general support and assistance please contact: [email protected]
We are able to offer assistance in Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish, and English.
Small Business Program for Utility Relief (SPUR)
From July 8 through July 22, small businesses can apply for a one-time utility stormwater/sewer/water bill credit of between $1,000 and $10,000 on their utility bill for sewer/stormwater/water service.
To qualify, a business must meet all of these criteria:
Receives sewer/stormwater/water service from the City of Portland
Has lost revenue because of the pandemic
Has an annual gross revenue of less than two million dollars
Has 50 or less employees
Was operating and in compliance with State of Oregon registration requirements on or before July 1, 2019
Priority for funding will be given to BIPOC and/or women business owners, businesses that are currently open and identified in Governor Kate Brown’s Phase 1 Reopening plan, and childcare businesses (for-profit and nonprofit).
- Visit portlandoregon.gov/water/smallbiz.
- Have your business’s City of Portland utilities (sewer/stormwater/water) account number handy.
- Complete the form. It should take about 10 minutes.
Information for Workers and Employers
- COVID-19 Related Business Layoffs, Closures, and Unemployment Insurance Benefits, State of Oregon Employment Department.
- Oregon Unemployment Insurance Information: The online application may be unavailable at times. For assistance starting your application, call (877) 345-3484. Interpretation services include Mandarin and Vietnamese. You will need your work history for the past 12 months (if you have worked for a single employer) or 18 months (if you have worked for more than one employer) and your Social Security or green card number. Once you have completed the phone application, you will need to call each week to report your status. You may not hear back about your benefits but should keep claiming each week.
- COVID-19 Scenarios and Benefits Available, State of Oregon Employment Department. Easy chart to find out your options.
- Oregon Health Plan Online Application
- COVID-19 Small Business Owners’ CARES Act Guide, APIA Chamber of Commerce and Entrepreneurship (guide translated into multiple languages and in-language assistance available)
- Responding to COVID-19: Resources for Greater Portland Businesses, Greater Portland
- Business for a Better Portland Switchboard – asks and offers to support local businesses
- COVID-19 Businesses Resources, Prosper Portland
- State of Oregon signage and guidelines for businesses for reopening compiled by Prosper Portland.
- Reopening information for businesses available in multiple languages