APANO’s Small Business Support and Advising Program
APANO’s Small Business Support and Advising Program offers support and access to resources for businesses in Portland’s and Washington County’s API Business Community and all businesses in Jade District and Old Town. If your business is in need of assistance to navigate COVID-19 resources or if you are interested in receiving technical advice for your business, referrals to resources, or general assistance, please contact our Business Advisor, Grace Henricks at email@example.com.
For COVID-19 general support and assistance please contact: COVIDsupport@apano.org.
We are able to offer assistance in Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish, and English.
Last updated 3/25/21
Information for Workers and Employers
- COVID-19 Related Business Layoffs, Closures, and Unemployment Insurance Benefits, State of Oregon Employment Department.
- Oregon Unemployment Insurance Information: The online application may be unavailable at times. For assistance starting your application, call (877) 345-3484. Interpretation services include Mandarin and Vietnamese. You will need your work history for the past 12 months (if you have worked for a single employer) or 18 months (if you have worked for more than one employer) and your Social Security or green card number. Once you have completed the phone application, you will need to call each week to report your status. You may not hear back about your benefits but should keep claiming each week.
- COVID-19 Scenarios and Benefits Available, State of Oregon Employment Department. Easy chart to find out your options.
- Oregon Health Plan Online Application
- COVID-19 Small Business Owners’ CARES Act Guide, APIA Chamber of Commerce and Entrepreneurship (guide translated into multiple languages and in-language assistance available)
- Responding to COVID-19: Resources for Greater Portland Businesses, Greater Portland
- Business for a Better Portland Switchboard – asks and offers to support local businesses
- COVID-19 Businesses Resources, Prosper Portland
- State of Oregon signage and guidelines for businesses for reopening compiled by Prosper Portland.
- Reopening information for businesses available in multiple languages
Support our small business advisory. Cultural competency in advising is rare and essential as we help API and BIPOC owned businesses recover from the pandemic. Make a donation today.