2021-2023 Strategic Priorities
APANO began our strategic planning process in the fall of 2019, gathering input from our board, staff, partners and community members. When the COVID pandemic took hold of our communities in 2020, our board adopted an updated mission, vision and values statement. The board also voted to adopt two strategic priorities before taking a pause. In 2021, we returned to our planning process and the board adopted three additional priorities in August to complete our Strategic Framework.
The following strategic priorities will guide APANO’s work in 2021-2023:
- Organizational Culture – Invest in and cultivate APANO’s organizational culture to ensure it is centered in our values of self determination, solidarity, integrity, care, and belonging.
- Organizational Identity – Build a unified organizational identity grounded in our mission, vision, and values.
- Leadership Development – Activate and invest in leaders and communities who share APANO’s vision for political, social, economic, and cultural change.
- Resource Generation – Generate resources and capacity in alignment with our mission, vision, and values to sustain APANO and the movements we support.
- Program Integration – Develop initiatives, tools, and processes for APANO’s unique and distinct programs to work interdependently for deeper impact.