APANO’s Small Business Support and Advising Program offers guidance and access to resources for local businesses.
APANO supports our local small businesses
To see our vision come to fruition, we believe investing in our communities is the best path forward. And we see small businesses as a crucial component of community wealth building.
Through our Small Business Support and Advising Program, we are honored to offer support and access to resources for API businesses in Multnomah and Washington County and all businesses in Jade District and Old Town.
If you have an idea for a new business and need some guidance, or if you are an established business in need of assistance, referrals to resources, or general assistance, please fill out the form below. After doing so, you can schedule a 1-on-1 consultation with Brain, APANO’s Small Business Advisor.
- Small Business Advisor Manager, Grace Henricks at email@example.com
- Small Business Advisor, Brian Lau at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out this online intake form and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Current & Past Small Business Clients
APANO’s Small Business team has worked with a wide variety of businesses over the years. Learn more about them in our directory.
Information for Workers and Employers
- Oregon Unemployment Insurance Information: The online application may be unavailable at times. For assistance starting your application, call (877) 345-3484. Interpretation services include Mandarin and Vietnamese. You will need your work history for the past 12 months (if you have worked for a single employer) or 18 months (if you have worked for more than one employer) and your Social Security or green card number. Once you have completed the phone application, you will need to call each week to report your status. You may not hear back about your benefits but should keep claiming each week.
- Unemployment Insurance Claimant Handbook –English and Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese)
- Filing Unemployment Changes During COVID-19, IRCO
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance for sole proprietors and gig workers, State of Oregon Employment Department
- COVID-19 Scenarios and Benefits Available, State of Oregon Employment Department. Easy chart to find out your options.
- Oregon Health Plan Online Application
Information for Small Businesses
- COVID-19 Small Business Owners’ CARES Act Guide, APIA Chamber of Commerce and Entrepreneurship (guide translated into multiple languages and in-language assistance available)
- Responding to COVID-19: Resources for Greater Portland Businesses, Greater Portland
- Business for a Better Portland Switchboard – asks and offers to support local businesses
- COVID-19 Businesses Resources, Prosper Portland
Help support the Small Business Advisory
Cultural competency in advising is rare and essential as we help API and BIPOC owned businesses recover from the pandemic. You can donate directly to our small business program!