7th Annual Jade International Night Market Recap
After a long, three-year break, the Jade International Night Market returned in full force! Thank you, community, for showing up and showing out. It was such an honor to celebrate with you all this past August. From the beautiful performances to all the amazing food, dancing, artmaking and so much more, we hope you were able to experience some of it with us!
The Jade District's mission is to build a cohesive community so we can seek positive lasting change together. Experiencing this year's Night Market with you all made that mission feel all the more important.
Thank you to the amazing slate of performance groups:
- The Last Regiment of Syncopated Drummers
- Portland Art & Cultural Center Dance Team
- Chinese Friendship Association of Portland Dance Team
- McDaniel High School Stomp and Shake (pictured below)
- Cambodian Dance Troupe of Oregon
- Ballet Papalotl
- Summit Wushu Academy
- Portland Taiko
- Hip Hop Soulsation Academy
- White Lotus Lion Dance (pictured above)
In addition to you, our community, a number of partner organizations came together to support this important work. Thank you to:
- Presenting Sponsor, Trimet
- Portland Community College
- Portland Events and Film Office
- Port of Portland
- Travel Portland
- We Are Better Together (City of Portland)
- Republic Services
- Portland Nursery
- Multnomah County Chair and District 3 Offices
- NAYA Action Fund
This year’s market marks our 7th annual celebration of the vibrant communities that live, work and play in the Jade District. Though the market is over, we hope you’ll join us next year and continue to follow along for other events throughout the year.
In case we missed you this year, here are a few of our favorite highlights from the night:
- More than 500 pots and houseplants found new homes with community members, and many folks painted their pots to personalize them! (Thank you, Portland Nursery!)
- Works of art were all around, thanks to the face painters and balloon artists at Mystique’s Fancy Faces
- Thousands of folks came out to support local small businesses!
- The abundant entertainment program brought diverse and local performers together to share their art and culture
- Children of all ages played and cooled off in the water splash pad
- Lucky market-goers were gifted with certificates to local Jade District businesses
- & for future visits, attendees received the Jade District Business Directory, complete with coupons
Until next year!