APANO Statewide Listening Circle Tour is Back!
APANO is excited to announce dates for our 2017 Statewide Listening Circle Tour to deepen our member engagement and listen to voices in our communities. We envision a just world where Asian and Pacific Islander (API) community experiences are prioritized and reflected in the issues and policies we advocate for.
What is a Listening Circle?
A Listening Circle is comprised of 10-15 community members (API identifying) living in a particular geographic area. We ask community members to participate and help shape APANO’s political agenda. During our time together, we hope to achieve these goals:
- Bring community members together to listen to one another, get to know each other, share stories and build a reflective space around social justice issues
- Affirm, recognize our communities differences and strengths
- Talk deeper about these issues: education, housing, immigration, health care, climate change
- Solicit feedback and input to shape APANO’s policy advocacy strategy
Finer Details: Food & Refreshments provided. Childcare provided upon request. Listening Circle sessions will last approximately 2 hours. Portions of the Listening Circle will be noted and documented for internal organizational use.
Statewide Listening Circle’s will be held in the following areas below, starting October 20th. We encourage all our API communities to attend listening circles in the location closest to their area.
In addition, we have set-aside three identity specific circles (South Asian, Pacific Islander, and Southeast Asian) to be more intentional about engaging members of those communities in culturally specific spaces.
We encourage you to attend the closest to you.* Please register by clicking on the area, and we will follow up with you for additional details:
- Date: Monday, October 20th 5:00 -7:00 pm
- Location: Asian & Pacific Cultural Center - OSU, 2695 SW Jefferson Way, Corvallis, OR 97331
- RSVP: https://apano.salsalabs.org/corvallislisteningcircle2017
- Beaverton (Washington County)
- Date: Monday, October 23rd from 6:00-8:00 pm
- Location: Beaverton Community Center Vose Room, 12350 SW 5th St #100, Beaverton, OR 97005
- RSVP: https://apano.salsalabs.org/beavertonlisteningcircle2017
- Clackamas County
- Date: Wednesday, October 25th from 6:00-8:00 pm
- Location: Hampton Inn, 9040 SE Adams St, Clackamas, OR 97015
- RSVP: https://apano.salsalabs.org/clackamaslisteningcircle2017
- Hillsboro (Washington County)
- Date: Thursday, October 26th from 6:00-8:00 pm
- Location: Insomnia Coffee Hillsboro, 317 E Main St., Hillsboro, 97123
- RSVP: https://apano.salsalabs.org/hillsborolisteningcircle2017
- Date: Monday, October 30th from 5:30-7:30 pm
- Location: Eugene Public Library Singer Room ,100 W 10th Ave, Eugene, OR 97401
- RSVP: https://apano.salsalabs.org/eugenelisteningcircle2017
- Date: Friday, November 3rd from 6:00-8:00 pm
- Location: Salem AFSCME, 1400 Tandem Ave NE, Salem, OR 97301
- RSVP: https://apano.salsalabs.org/salemlisteningcircle2017
- Date: TBD
- Location: OSU Cascades Student Center, 1500 SW Chandler Avenue, Bend, OR 97702
- RSVP: https://apano.salsalabs.org/bendlisteningcircle2017
- La Grande
- Date: Tuesday, November 14th from 6:00-8:00 pm
- Location: Eastern Oregon University, One University Blvd, La Grande, OR 97850
- RSVP: https://apano.salsalabs.org/lagrandelisteningcircle2017
Culturally-specific Listening Circles
- Pacific Islander (Melanesian, Micronesian, Native Hawaiian, Polynesian)
- Date: Wednesday, October 25th from 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Location: Q Center, 4115 N Mississippi Ave, Portland OR 97217
- RSVP: https://apano.salsalabs.org/pilisteningcircle2017
- South Asian
- Date: Saturday, December 2nd from 10:00am - 12:00 pm
- Location: Sikh Center of Oregon (Portland Metro Gurdwara), 17514 SW Scholls Ferry Rd, Beaverton, OR 97007
- RSVP: https://apano.salsalabs.org/salisteningcircle2017
- Southeast Asian
- Date: Friday, November 10th from 6:00-8:00 pm
- Location: Mekong Bistro, 8200 NE Siskiyou St, Portland, OR 9722
- RSVP: https://apano.salsalabs.org/seasianlisteningcircle2017
*In our efforts to do more statewide outreach, Portland opportunities are not included in our tour schedule. We’re engaging our Portland communities in a different way, as we’re having conversations with our existing organizing programs. If you would like to learn more about opportunities and events in Portland, check out upcoming Monthly Member Meetings (3rd Thursday of every month) on Thursday, September 21st and Thursday, October 19th, or reach out to email@example.com.
**Are you interested in bringing a listening circle to your community and don’t see your community listed? Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.