April 2nd API Health Justice Forum Agenda and Workshops
Check out our Program and register for the Asian & Pacific Islander Health Justice Forum! This Saturday, April 2nd at the Collaborative Life Sciences Building (OHSU). Attendees can register on the day of. For accommodations or questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Join us for a day-long gathering with health equity advocates, local health authorities, organizers, students, and members of the community to discuss health equity, what it means to build healthy, resilient communities, while addressing barriers. Special focus on issues facing immigrants from the Republic of Palau, Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Federated States of Micronesia. These are three nations in the Pacific Islands that have an unique treaty with the United States known as the Compact of Free Association (COFA).
9:00-10:00am - Registration & Breakfast
10:00-10:15am - Opening Remarks
- Opening (CANN & APANO Board)Community Performance
10:15-11:00am - Presentation
- COFA Territories an Island History (Bennie Moses, Eastern Oregon University)
11:15-12:30 - Morning Workshops
- Click here for complete workshops descriptions
12:30-2:00pm - Lunch
- Keynote Speaker: Dina Shek (Medical Legal Partnership, Hawaii)
- Healthcare for COFA (HB 4071) Presentation (Department of Consumer and Business Services & CANN)
2:00-3:15pm - Afternoon Workshops
- Repeated from the morning
- (For complete workshops descriptions see here)
3:30-4:00pm - Closing Remarks
- Taking Action for Health Justice Closing (APANO & CANN)
See you Saturday, April 2nd! Remember to register to save a spot.