Calling AAPI Businesses - Partner with APANO and Pokemon Go!
Through a partnership with National CAPACD and Niantic Labs, APANO is able to assist with offering AAPI-owned small businesses in Oregon the opportunity to have their business featured within the Pokémon GO game as a sponsored location for free for 1 year (a $730 value)! Pokemon Go is a location based game, where players encounter Pokemon based on their location. They can also stop at locations such as Pokestops or Gyms to earn items in the game. Adding your business as a Pokestop or Gym in the game offers advertising via the app to millions of active players. Fill out the form here!
We are excited to be able to boost foot traffic to our AAPI businesses after a year of severe impacts from the pandemic alongside the rise in AAPI hate incidents that have made it tremendously challenging for AAPI business districts to recover. To join you simply need an email address and to be an AAPI owned business, businesses can begin to see increased pedestrian traffic at their location and also get updated statistics about it. This program is intended for small (<50 employees) AAPI and Hawaiian businesses.
- There are over 150 million monthly active players
- 90% of the millions of players have visited a business because of a sponsored location in the game
- Advertising via the app is also available free of charge, you can send coupons or ads directly to Pokemon GO Players
- AAPI businesses have the option to select to host either a pokestop, or a premium location such as a gym
- Players visit pokestops and gyms because it helps them earn items in the game
- Chinese (Simplified)yes
- Chinese (Traditional)
If interested, please fill out the form here and we'll provide more info how your organization can facilitate sponsored location sign-ups for local AAPI businesses within your communities.
This programming message brought to you by APANO Communities United Fund, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.