Day of Action 2017 Highlights
This past President's Day, 90+ Asians and Pacific Islanders visited the Capitol for APANO's 8th annual "Day of Action". Throughout the day, we delivered a strong and powerful message that ALL of our families deserve the rights, resources, and recognition to thrive through our 3 policy priorities: Stable Homes for Oregon Families (HB 2004), Statewide Ethnic Studies (HB 2845), and Reproductive Health Equity Act (HB 2232). We couldn't have done this without community members such as yourself, telling powerful stories of your own experiences and advocating for concrete policies that make our communities stronger. Here are a few "Day of Action" Highlights:
- 90 attendees from various age, cultural, ethnic, and geographies packed the room. Special shout-out to Gabby, an APANO member who came all the way from Bend, OR to be with us!
- 37 legislative meetings with Senators and Representatives.
- 15 lobby day captains who really stepped up to take a leadership role. Half of them were even first-time attendees!
- Special VIP appearance by Governor Kate Brown, Representative Diego Hernandez, Kristina Narayan and Victoria Demchak (former APANO staff members).
- ALLY youth leading us through an interactive process of how an idea becomes a law.
Want to continue advocating with us? Here are a few chances coming up quickly:
- Tell your legislator to support the Reproductive Health Equity Act
- Join us in Salem on March 15th to show support for the Ethnic Studies HB 2845. Contact Zahir Janmohamed for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
We know that many of you want to keep engaging with us, especially in this political moment for our country where immigrant, refugee, undocumented, and LGTBQ communities are being attacked. Please check out all the many ways you can get involved below!
To get more involved in APANO's Policy and Advocacy work, or more information on our policy priorities, contact Policy Director Zahir Janmohamed at email@example.com. We can't wait to see you for an even bigger Day of Action next year!
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.