May is Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month!
May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month (AAPIHM). During this month, society recognizes our communities for the achievements we’ve made in this nation, which simultaneously recognizes that API’s have played an integral role to the development of the United States. When we live in a society that often refuses to portray API’s as anything but perpetual foreigners, AAPIHM is essential. Its evolution is also important in understanding how we celebrate this month within our communities.
This year, we’re celebrating it by teaming up with 18 Million Rising to bring you content every. single. day! Blog posts and articles will cover a wide range of issues in and about the APIA community, from solidarity and intersectionality to women and trans leadership.
Read the stories here:
- What Does AAPI Heritage Month Mean to Our Communities?
- What Stories Do We Tell?
- A History of Exclusion in Oregon
- APA Compass: Capturing Diverse API Experiences Through Media
- Finding Community
- Love Letter from an Immigrant Mama: Decolonize or else!
- Minoru Yasui: The Power of Collaboration
- On Becoming Filipin@
- Higher Education in Oregon: Where are the Pacific Islanders?
- Supporting Pacific Islander Students Outside of the Classroom
- Solidarity: Will You Share Yours?
- On Breaking the Model Minority Myth
- Carrying on a Legacy: Minoru Yasui's Power of Collaboration
- Breaking the Model Minority Myth: Redefining Activism
- The Secret to Fighting Racism
- Anny Hsiao on API Women in Leadership
- Yee Won Chong on Chosen Families and Economic Security
- Poetry is a Political Act
- On Finding API Queer Role Models
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.