Voices of Change is this Thursday, May 7th!
Voices of Change is taking place this Thursday, May 7th at 6:30pm at the APANO/Jade Community Space! We look forward to celebrating Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month (AAPIHM) and the grand opening of the new community space. Here are some details we encourage you to keep in mind prior to this Thursday's festivities:
- The APANO/Jade Community Space is located at 8114 SE Division Street Portland, OR 97206, on the corner of SE Division and 82nd.
- Please park at Slavic Emanuel Church, then walk one block south, through the Portland Community College Southeast campus. The APANO/Jade Community Space is located one block south from the Slavic Emanuel Church. Please refer to the map shown below.
- We're encouraging guests to not park in the parking spots directly in front of the community space. We are reserving that space for loading and unloading, and for guests who are mobility challenged.
- Doors will open at 6:00pm, with the opening entertainment starting at 6:30pm with Unit Souzou.
- A short program will start at 7:00pm in the dining room. Please make your way into that room for a special address from our keynote speaker, Lisa Hasegawa.
- Remember to bring cash if you'd like to purchase drinks at the bar.
- Performances will be taking place throughout the night until 9:00pm. We are encouraging our guests to move freely throughout the space to engage with the different activities occurring in each room. There will even be a game room with a DJ, and opportunities to play ping pong, air hockey, and foosball! Make time to participate in a community art creative placemaking project also, located inside the game room.
- If you're planning to post photos on social media during the event, use the hashtag #VOC2015 and please tag us on Twitter at @APANOnews, "like" us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram at @APANOnews!
If you have any questions about the event, please contact Office and Events Manager, Melissa Magana email@example.com. We look forward to celebrating with you on Thursday evening!